Dear parents, I am glad to share this experience with you.
Last week I was lucky enough to attend life skill education workshops.
Life skills …. Defined by the World Health Organisation as “the abilities for adaptive and positive behavior that enable individuals to deal effectively with the demands and challenges of everyday life”.
Though WHO designed these protocols for promoting positive social and mental health of adolescents, I could apply the same for myself to change my perspective on life.
So here are these 10 secrets (LIFE SKILLS) that have helped me to change my perspective
3. Critical thinking
4. Creative thinking
5. Decision making
6. Problem Solving
7. Effective communication
8. Interpersonal relationship
9. Coping with stress
10. Coping with emotion
1. Self-awareness: It includes recognition of ‘self ‘and identifying our strengths and weaknesses, desires and dislikes.
2. Empathy: It is the ability to imagine what life is like for another person.
3. Critical thinking: It is an ability to analyze information and experiences in an objective manner.
4. Creative thinking: It is a novel way of seeing or doing things
5. Decision making: It helps us to take appropriate decisions about our lives.
6. Problem-solving: It helps us to deal constructively with problems in our lives.
7. Interpersonal relationship: These skills help us to establish a rapport with the people whom we interact with.
8. Effective communication: It means that we are able to express ourselves, both verbally and non-verbally, so that our ideas are effectively transmitted to others.
9. Coping with stress: It means recognizing the sources of stress in our lives, recognizing how this affects us, and acting in ways that help us control our levels of stress, by changing our environment or lifestyle and learning how to relax.
10. Coping with emotions: It means involving recognizing emotions within us and others, being aware of how emotions influence behavior and being able to respond to emotions appropriately
Conclusion: Try seeing the problems in different perspective you may arrive at solution.
Dr. Shruti Jadhav is the best Child Specialist in Kharadi, she is having 10 years of experience in this field. Her area of expertise Pediatric Pulmonology (Recurrent cough cold and asthma). She worked as a full-time Child specialist in the Columbia Asia Hospital Kharadi.