Following are the tips to prepare your child for vaccination and minimize the stress associated:
- Keep your calm and stop worrying since your child is very sensitive to negative vibes.
- Get convinced of the fact that it’s a temporary pain giving lifelong permanent protection.
- Get all your queries solved prior to vaccinations.
- If your child is older, then you can make him understand how small needle makes him/ her stronger.
- Hug your child while getting immunized, your embrace makes things easy.
- Divert his/ her attention with a favorite toy.
- For infants, breastfeeding is the best analgesic (pain reliever).
- Adverse reactions post vaccination are rare.
- Ice fomentation of the local part reduces pain.
- Weight appropriate paracetamol is enough for post-vaccination fever.
- Call your doctor if the child develops hives, wheezing (or any allergies) after the vaccination.
Dr. Shruti Jadhav is a leading pediatrician in Kharadi Pune. She is one of the best Child Specialist in Kharadi. Her vast experience of more than 10 years ranges from newborn kids to the adolescent age group.
For more details visit on : https://www.childspecialistpune.com/
Contact no : 91 8806181624 , 7666948891