Wear Your Mask Scientifically – It will reduce the transmission of the virus
Research has proven that the mask is a powerful tool to limit the spread of the virus. It provides protection against not only coronavirus but also many airborne infections like TB, flu. Wearing a mask is a definite advantage to both individuals and the people around them.
Let us unmask the myths and embrace new norms to save lives.
- General public can use fabric/cloth masks.
- Fabric masks should have 3 layers
- Clean your hands before putting it on
- Inspect the mask and do not wear a dirty or soiled mask
- Cover your mouth, nose and chin
- Do not wear a loose mask
- Do not take your mask off to talk
- Do not reposition or adjust it by touching the front of the mask
- Change your mask once it is dirty or wet
- To take off the mask clean your hands first
- Remove it by straps behind the head or ears
- Clean your hands after taking off any mask
- Do not share mask with others
- Do not wear masks while exercising instead maintain a distance of 1 meter from others
- No masks for babies under 2 or anyone who is unable to remove the mask without assistance
- Masks are not a replacement for physical distancing and hand hygiene
For more, contact Dr. Shruti Jadhav, Child specialist in Pune.